- Staff will arrive in fresh, clean uniform each day. Outdoor clothing and footwear will not be permitted to be worn in Millwood House.
- On arrival staff will take own temperature and record - anyone with a high temperature (over 37.8°C) will not be permitted to enter Millwood House and will be asked to return home to have a Covid-19 test. Return to work will be subject to a Negative result.
- Morning staff will ensure that tissues are readily available with bins, which will be lined with a bag and emptied, safely, every day.
- Morning staff will ensure all surfaces, handrails and door handles are wiped down with antibacterial spray in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
- All children will wash their hands upon arrival at Millwood House for a minimum of 20 seconds and periodically throughout the day.
- Children will be collected from the Parent/Carer's cars at 5-minute intervals by a member of the staffing team, to enable time for each child to have their outdoor clothing removed, shoes changed, and hands washed for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- Both staff and parents must wear face coverings whilst children are being dropped off/collected.
- No parents will be permitted entry to the Millwood House environment
- Children may not bring in any toys, food or items from home. Children requiring comforters when sleeping will be permitted to bring them in, however these must be kept in their own sealed bag when not being used. The child will have the comforter during nap time after which it will be replaced into its sealed bag.
- If any child becomes unwell while at Millwood House, the parents will be contacted immediately and asked to collect their child. The family will be requested to have a Covid-19 test and re-admission to the Nursery will be subject to a Negative result
- Where social distancing cannot be observed, such as with younger children, effective infection protection and control will be increased
- On departure all children will be brought out to the Parent/Carer's car by a staff member.
- Handovers to parents will be completed minimally at handover time as other parents are often waiting to collect their children too. Your child's daily activity is available online if you log on to your Parenta account. However, should you wish to make an appointment in advance to discuss your child's progress with his/her keyworker, this can be arranged at a mutually convenient time.
- On departure staff will ensure all surfaces, handrails and door handles are wiped down with antibacterial spray in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
- All staff will go straight home, after their shift, shower and change into fresh clothes, ensuring that their uniform is washed and cleaned for the next day.
What the day will look like for the children
Snack and mealtimes
- All tables and chairs will be washed and sanitised before all meals and snacks
- All children and staff will wash their hands, for a minimum of 20 seconds, prior to eating
- At the end of each meal all children and staff will wash their hands for a minimum of 20 seconds
- At the end of each meal all tables and chairs will be washed and sanitised
- All staff will wear the suitable PPE for the duration of meals.
Activities and play
- Where possible, children will be in the outdoor environment throughout the day, within their age groups. Most of our indoor sessions are eaily moved into our large garden area each session. Additional equipment and outdoor gazebos etc will be provided
- Millwood House environment is set up in a way that encourages social distancing. This is because the Nursery is split into 3 mini section, i.e. Baby Room for Babies under 2 Years, Caterpillar Room for 2 year olds and Butterfly Pre-School Room for 3 years - 5 years.
- Storytime continues as normal while observing social distancing
- All activities will be carried out in small groups
- All resources and equipment are risk assessed for virus spread risk and will be removed, adapted or made for single use
- All equipment, resources and toys will be washed and sterilised after use, and recorded
Sleep and rest time
- Social distancing will be observed, with placement of beds and cots to encourage this
- Children's bedding is washed daily or more at a high temperature, to ensure minimised virus spread risk
- Only staff attending Millwood House for work purposes will be permitted to enter
- All staff attending Millwood House have read, understood, and agree to adhere to the Health & Safety Policy - Covid 19
- All staff must undertake a Lateral Flow Test twice weekly - once at the weekend and once in the middle of the week. The results of these are to be logged on the gov.uk website and recorded in the Millwood House Nursery file. Staff recording a positive Lateral Flow result must inform the Nursery immediately and both the individual and Nursery must follow the current Government Guidelines on testing and self- isolation.
- Wherever possible staff should take their lunch break outdoors.
- Should any staff use public transport they must ensure that they maintain social distancing during their journey and take all precautionary steps as laid out by the Government Giudance, i.e. wearing of face covers and sanitising of hands.
- Staff will ensure that should they or anyone from their household become unwell or demonstrate Covid 19 symptoms; they will follow the Government guidelines for Covid 19 and notify Millwood House.
Effective infection protection and control
- Millwood House staff and families ensure that they minimise contact with individuals who are unwell: i.e., those who have coronavirus symptoms, or someone in their household who does.
- Our Staff always wash hands and/or sanitise thoroughly throughout the day.
- Our Staff always ensure good respiratory hygiene - promoting the "catch it, bin it, kill it" approach. Boxes of tissues are placed within easy reach of staff and children in all rooms.
- A Commercial Cleaning Company is employed by Millwood House to come in every evening to clean 'frequently touched surfaces', all floor surfaces, WCs, kitchens, doors, baby gates etc. A thorough 'deep clean' is carried out by the same Commercial Cleaning Company at weekends on a regular basis.
- Records of all cleaning, sterilising, and temperatures are maintained.
- Our staff wear full, single use, disposable PPE when dealing with any bodily fluids This includes changing gloves and aprons between each child when nappy changing. Staff also wear full PPE when preparing and working with food and also when working with cleaning solutions
- Our full-time qualified cook Tina, who is also qualified to NVQ Level 3 in Childcare and an all-round Super Woman, is subjected to an annual unannounced inspection of her kitchen by the local Health and Hygiene Board. The cleanliness of all her appliances is checked, behind and under the cooker etc. and the temperature of all freezers and fridges etc. Our 5 Star Rating remains in place as always.
- Visitors to Millwood House Nursery are accepted on an appointment only basis.
- All visitors are required to carry out a Lateral Flow Test within 2 days prior to appointment. Entry to the Nursery will only be permitted upon receipt of a Negative Lateral Flow Test result.
- The Member of Staff meeting with the Visitor must always wear a facemask.
- All Visitors must wear masks upon entry to the Nursery Car Park. These must remain in situ until they have left the Nursery Car Park at the end of their visit.
- All Visitors must have their temperature recorded prior to entry to the Nursery. This is to be recorded in the Visitor's Book. Entry to the Nursery will be refused to those whose temperature exceeds 37.8°C
- All Visitors must sanitise their hands upon entry to the Nursery and refrain from touching toys/surfaces throughout their visit.
- Visits to the Nursery should be brief and functional ensuring that the Visitors are inside the Nursery Premises for as short a period as possible.
MHN H&S Policy Covid-19 - May 2020 Reviewed: December 2021